Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Favorite Memory

I have this memory and some might think that I am dumb or that I am silly but it means a lot to me and I get an overwhelmingly good feeling every time I think about it.

When I was little my mom and dad worked full time and I went to a babysitter while Patty and Amy went to school. Then when I was old enough to go to Kindergarten Amy was then old enough to watch me and help me get to school. I will never ever forget how she prepared me for that first day of Kindergarten...

The night before she carefully helped me pick out an outfit...we laid out my clothes, my jewelry, and matching shoes. So there was no question in what I should wear for the next day. Then she set the alarm and we practiced waking up to it and ran through my routine of how she would get me ready and how the bus would come pick me up.

Some times I get this really overwhelming feeling and its the same feeling that I used to get when Amy would help me get ready for school in the morning. When she moved out I tried to keep up the routine the same way she had taught me but it was hard without her. Like I said it might be silly to some but its a memory I will never forget! I know that when Sydnee and Kaeson have their first day of Kindergarten I will take the same routine in which I was taught and pass it down to them.

Amy acted like a mother to me for a lot of my childhood and she still mothers me from time to time. But now that I am a mother also she and I can be best friends and share memories with our kids.

3 HOLLA BACKS:

Anonymous said...

AAWWW, You're so sweet!! I love you too Ya-Ya, You're the BEST!!

About Us said...

You are so cute Amanda! You have a wonderful sister, and it's always fun to look back & remember the little things:)

Todd, Abbey & Cache said...

HOLLA Backs!? For real twat?