Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sis' Owie :(

Drew went out of town to Colorado for work, so we were spending a lot of time at Abbey's house so we weren't lonely or scared....I'm a bit of a scariedy cat! The day that Drew left we went to pick up Abbey and Cache so they could spend some time with us at our house. Sydnee is not the most graceful and she tripped as we were leaving. Abbey's front door is old fashioned and is the really heavy wood. Sydnee tripped and hit the flat side of the door. She hardly ever cries so when she did I knew she was hurt. I picked her up to love her and Abbey said "Oooh that's a big bump." I thought it would have just been a red mark but it instantly gave her a goose egg and turned purple. In the first picture, I took that 30 seconds after she fell! I freaked out!!! She stopped crying within a couple of minutes but kept saying "Mommy it hurts." So I took her to the Emergency Room. Luckily everything was ok, if anything maybe a slight concussion.... they couldn't really tell. She had just broke some blood capillaries in her forehead, which caused it to puff up and bruise. She is doing ok and the swelling went down the next day. We love our lil cluts!







4 HOLLA BACKS:

Anonymous said...

Poor Sis!! I love you baby girl!!

Annie said...

Oh poor little girl. She looks so cute there holding the ice pack though. Hope she is feeling better. Your kids are so cute together it will be fun having them so close in age.

Anonymous said...

awww...how sad that makes me cringe just looking at that goose egg! I would have freaked out too! Shes so cute and getting so big! I remember that shirt...Taylie didnt like it I always tried to make her wear it cuz i thought it was so cute and she would always take it off! haha

Terra,Madalyn,Marlee said...

That is so sad she is so brave, she such a cutie pie she reminds me of you so much.