Monday, December 22, 2008

Drew's Surprise B-day Party!

In the three years that Drew and I have been married we have not had the money or the chance to celebrate our birthdays in a fun way... Well the money part has not changed and neither has the time but I scheduled it in anyway! I really wanted to do something fun for Drew.

Drew works very hard for our family and hardly ever has a day off. Working seven days a week really takes a toll on him and we have very little time to get to see one another. Drew is a very sentimental guy and family means the world to him! We hadn't had the time to go visit Drew's family too much and I feel so bad because they are amazing people and I love each and every one of them dearly! I knew that Drew would have the best birthday if he could spend it with his family so I lied and schemed and threw together a SURPRISE birthday party! I have always wanted to do a party like that...you know where you hide and actually say "SURPRISE"!!! Well it all worked out we even got to yell surprise... I thought he would cuss if we scared him...nope Kaeson got the surprise and started screaming! We had his parents, my parents, Amy and her family, Layne and his family, our friend Abbey, and her son cache. Our little house was packed. We had Drew's favorite Turkey steaks and rice-o-roni! Abbey did most of the cooking but I did the rice and well I need cooking lessons cause I don't know how I manage to get it mushy and crunchy at the same time!? Drew told me later on after everyone had left with tear filled eyes that this was the best birthday he had had in a long time! ...Success!... Thank you for everyone that came and for keeping it a surprise I appreciate you all and love you all very much!


2 HOLLA BACKS:

Anonymous said...

it was so fun!!!Jace

About Us said...

How nice of you, those are the BEST memories:)